[Paraview] Replacing Public with the new server

Andy Cedilnik Andy.Cedilnik@kitware.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:52:23 -0500

Hello!

As several people noticed, public is becoming a severe bottle
neck. It's disk are too small, the processor is overwhelmed,
and there is little or to none protection against data lose.
It is about time to fix this problem.

We are working towards replacing Public.kitware.com with new
much more powerful server. The new server has features such as
dedicated ups, RAID-5 disk array, better CPU, more memory,
and much more space than the old one. We are planning to
replace Public soon, but before we do this, we would like
to notify all developers that there will be downtime. The new
server will look almost exactly the same as the old one but
some things might be in different place and we all should do
some spring cleaning on it.

We have not decided on when the replacement will happen, but
the new server is almost ready. We will let you know several
days in advanced, so that you can commit/update/checkout all
outstanding projects/files.

If you have any question, comment, or suggestion, please let
us know.

				Andy Cedilnik
				Kitware Inc.