[Paraview-developers] Paraview client crashes while loading data

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Sun Nov 27 16:37:02 EST 2016

Sounds like a mismatch between the code from which the client and
server were built. You need to compile the server code with the same
code with which the client was built. If your binary is version 5.2.0,
then on the server side make sure you are using the 5.2.0 source code,
either downloaded from [1] or check out the v5.2.0 tag in the git
repository. If you are building from the git repository, make sure you
run 'git submodule update' after checking out the v5.2.0 tag and
before you compile - that is a common source of problems with
client/server communication.

HTH,
Cory

[1] http://www.paraview.org/download/