Salinas August 2009
Revision as of 18:45, 28 July 2009 by Wascott
This tutorial will describe the following:
- How to start ParaView and find information and help about ParaView
- Animate modes.
- Animate time data.
- Plot data, including variable data vs time and plot over line.
- Identify user specific nodes and elements.
How to start ParaView
- The ParaView web site is located at www.paraview.org.
- ParaView can be found at http://www.paraview.org/paraview/resources/software.html. This includes versions for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
- The ParaView wiki is located here: http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView.
- The ParaView training documents that are maintained by Sandia National Laboratories are located here: http://paraview.org/Wiki/SNL_ParaView_3_Tutorials
- Start ParaView.
- On Linux and Mac, go into the ParaView directory (that you downloaded to above) and type “paraview”.
- On Windows XP, go to Start → All Programs → ParaView 3.x.x → and click ParaView
- Open OsShip-eig.exo.
- In ParaView, File → Open. Go to OsShip-eng.exo, and select it. Click OK.
- Under the Properties tab of the Object Inspector, select all Variables
- Click Apply.