IMPORTANT: KWWidgets is not longer in development, as we focused our desktop efforts on Qt.
KWWidgets is a free, cross-platform and open-license GUI Toolkit. Over a hundred C++ classes have been developed and used by Kitware, Inc. to create open-source and commercial end-user applications like ParaView or VolView, for more than 7 years. Is is also used by the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing for the 3D Slicer project.
Read more about KWWidgets, its features and capabilities, in the overview section.
Check the screenshots section for a quick peek at what KWWidgets has to offer.
Check the examples section for tutorials, examples and code.
Check what the short- and long-term futures hold for KWWidgets in the roadmap section.
KWWidgets can be compiled on a large number of platforms, including Windows, Mac, and many flavors of Unix/Linux systems. Check the build instructions for more details about compiling the project.
- The FAQ, a source of questions and eventually answers.
- The mailing lists can be used to find or request some help: the KWWidget Users Mailing List, the KWWidgets Developers Mailing List
- The Bug Tracker can be used to check or submit bugs and feature requests.
- The KWWidgets dashboard where many platforms and compilers are tested against KWWidgets.
- The KWWidgets API is automatically generated using Doxygen on a nightly basis (this documentation can also be download as a single archive file: KWWidgetsNightlyDocHtml.tar.gz).
- The whole CVS source tree can be browsed online from the ViewCVS interface.
Presentations and Papers
- Kitware Source, July 2006. The Kitware newsletter features an introduction to KWWidgets in its July 2006 edition.
- KWMeshVisu: A Mesh Visualization Tool for Shape Analysis, Ipek Oguz, Guido Gerig, Sebastien Barre, and Martin Styner, IJ - 2006 MICCAI Open Science Workshop
- This work is part of the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NA-MIC), funded by the National Institutes of Health through the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research, Grant U54 EB005149.
- Here is how to contact us.