|Anonymous | Login||2017-12-11 07:20 EST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007503||ParaView||(No Category)||public||2008-08-19 14:30||2016-08-12 09:57|
|Assigned To||Kitware Robot|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0007503: Cleanup server manager domain mechanism|
|Description||Currently the GUI has to be be attentive when the properties of the input data information for a filter changes to explictly call UpdateDependentDomains() and then use the updated domain values. |
Since now the vtkSMSourceProxy fires a vtkCommand::UpdateDataEvent when ever data on the server side might have changed, it is now possible to fix the domains to fire an event saving the domain may have changed. Then the GUI can ask the Domain to update the domain values (using info properties etc etc).
The domains can also listen to the modified events from the required properties (as well as their unchecked value modified event).
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Utkarsh Ayachit (administrator)
edited on: 2009-01-07 14:53
When fixing the domains it might be worthwhile to redefine the unchecked values API on vtkSMProperty subclasses as follows:
* a property has 2 types of totally independent set of values: checked (or regular) and unchecked.
* GetUncheckedValues() should return normal values if no unchecked values are set.
* when a property's normal value is set/changed, the unchecked values should be cleared.
* explicit API must also be available to clear unchecked values.
* Domains should always use checked values. (Remember if no unchecked values are present the property always returns the normal values and hence this works just fine).
* Events need to fired when unchecked values change, since that would result in domain updates (or we can explicitly update the dependent domains).
Kitware Robot (administrator)
Resolving issue as `moved`.
This issue tracker is no longer used. Further discussion of this issue may take place in the current ParaView Issues page linked in the banner at the top of this page.
|2008-08-19 14:30||Utkarsh Ayachit||New Issue|
|2008-09-25 12:56||Utkarsh Ayachit||Note Added: 0013581|
|2008-12-17 15:23||Utkarsh Ayachit||Product Version||=> ServerManager Cleanup|
|2009-01-07 14:53||Utkarsh Ayachit||Note Edited: 0013581|
|2009-02-18 08:51||Utkarsh Ayachit||Category||Development => 3.8|
|2009-05-13 13:40||Utkarsh Ayachit||Target Version||=> 3.8|
|2011-06-16 13:10||Zack Galbreath||Category||=> (No Category)|
|2016-08-12 09:57||Kitware Robot||Note Added: 0037587|
|2016-08-12 09:57||Kitware Robot||Status||expired => closed|
|2016-08-12 09:57||Kitware Robot||Resolution||open => moved|
|2016-08-12 09:57||Kitware Robot||Assigned To||=> Kitware Robot|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2017 MantisBT Team|