|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0015488||ParaView||(No Category)||public||2015-05-26 05:56||2016-08-12 09:59|
|Reporter||Casper van Leeuwen|
|Assigned To||Kitware Robot|
|Priority||normal||Severity||major||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0015488: Slice representation large dataset only shows half of the data|
|Description||Hello paraview devs,|
When I try to visualize a large dataset of ~17gb with the slice representation with 4 processes on two cluster nodes (2x GTX780ti 3gb, 2x Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v2, 32gb ram per node) with paraview remote I only see half of the image and paraview gives me the following errors:
ERROR: In /sara/sw/build/compiles/ParaView-v4.3.1-source/VTK/Imaging/Core/vtkExtractVOI.cxx, line 212
vtkExtractVOI (0x30aa4b0): Error initializing index map.
ERROR: In /sara/sw/build/compiles/ParaView-v4.3.1-source/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 784
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x334e200): Algorithm vtkExtractVOI(0x30aa4b0) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x3395d80)
Modified Time: 1136070
Reference Count: 1
Registered Events: (none)
If you need additional information let me know.
Edit: I found out that it renders the slices only from one process (hence the half slice because of 4 chunks of data one for each process), because I also tested it on a greater number of process/nodes and this would result in an even smaller part of the slice visible.
I also tested some filters on the data and these seem to be working as intended, so it has nothing to do with the data distribution among the processes.
|Steps To Reproduce||The dataset is the woodbranch dataset from this site http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/vmml/research/datasets.html. [^] |
So the procedure to reproduce is very simple.
1. Start a pvserver on an arbitrary number of nodes above 4.
2. Load the above mention dataset in paraview.
3. Set representation on slice.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Attached Files||paraviewbug.png [^] (602,553 bytes) 2015-05-26 05:56|
Kitware Robot (administrator)
Resolving issue as `moved`.
This issue tracker is no longer used. Further discussion of this issue may take place in the current ParaView Issues page linked in the banner at the top of this page.
|2015-05-26 05:56||Casper van Leeuwen||New Issue|
|2015-05-26 05:56||Casper van Leeuwen||File Added: paraviewbug.png|
|2015-05-26 09:04||Casper van Leeuwen||Description Updated|
|2015-05-26 09:04||Casper van Leeuwen||Steps to Reproduce Updated|
|2015-05-26 10:31||Casper van Leeuwen||Severity||minor => major|
|2016-08-12 09:59||Kitware Robot||Note Added: 0038825|
|2016-08-12 09:59||Kitware Robot||Status||backlog => closed|
|2016-08-12 09:59||Kitware Robot||Resolution||open => moved|
|2016-08-12 09:59||Kitware Robot||Assigned To||=> Kitware Robot|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2018 MantisBT Team|