[Paraview] OSPRay textures and materials mapping

Jonathan Borduas jonathan.borduas at caboma.com
Fri May 18 10:27:56 EDT 2018

Hi,

I tried rendering an .obj file running OSPRay that was exported from PCon Planner Version 7.7 Patch 1. The original file is a .dwg

I used the PathThracer mode. However, attached to the .obj there is an .mtl file containing 50+ materials and 50+ texture (.png) files.

I didn't find an automated way to map all polydata of the .obj with their respective material and texture file and rendering them using OSPRay.

It seems that I have to assign the material and texture to each polydata one-by-one.

Is there a feature that will automatically map the respective textures and materials ?
Here is the link to download the original .dwg file. https://www.easterngraphics.com/pcon/en/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/sample_apartment.dwg
You will need to export it to .obj using PCon Planner Version 7.7 Patch 1 with the File/Export/Geometry menu.
I couldn't share the .obj  file since the size is 60mb+

Thank you

Jonathan Borduas