[Paraview] How to 3d print a point representation

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Thu May 17 18:00:37 EDT 2018

From a user:

There is an option in ParaView to have a "point" representation of the data as opposed to surface. This creates an interesting view which I typically use as a poor man's volume rendering.  With recent advances in 3D printing I think it would be VERY interesting to attempt to pass this point-like data to a 3D printer where I can then have the points printed into a clear substrate. Is there a way to export these points as geometry which I can then pass off to a 3D printer?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alan