[Paraview] Reader plugins in static builds ignored?

Sven Buijssen sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de
Fri Nov 23 12:17:53 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm seeing that with static builds of ParaView 3.14.1 and git/master reader
plugins can be successfully built along with ParaView, but not actually accessed
from the GUI:

AdiosReader, AnalyzeNIfTIReader, H5PartReader as well as custom readers do get
statically linked into e.g. the paraview binary, but the ParaView GUI (built-in
mode) lists no entries that correspond to the
ServerManagerConfiguration/Hints/ReaderFactory XML in neither the FileOpen
dialog nor the OpenDataWith dialog.

I'm wondering whether this is something confined to my setup, whether the
mentioned reader plugins are missing some initialization code for static builds
or whether this is just an issue not yet documented in the bug tracker.

Thanks,
Sven