[Paraview] Probe data at a point and export in csv - python scripting

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon May 2 10:44:52 EDT 2011

I would go about it like so:

1) read in a vtp file containing the list of points you want to probe
at (alternatively use a python programmable source to specify them or
read a csv file and apply table to points)
2) read in the data you want to probe within
3) apply the resample with data set filter, the "input" should be the
data you want to probe in, "source" should be the list of points
4) file save as csv
5) once you know how to do it via the GUI, turn on python trace and
record your actions as python script to translate

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive