[Paraview] independent colorbar range in different views of same session?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Jul 1 13:36:25 EDT 2011

Hello Emily,

ParaView tries to use the same color transfer function for each
variable in all views to ensure that one perceives the same value
wherever they see a particular color. I expect this is what is
happening here. What you might do then to get around this behavior is
to create a copy of your array and color by that array in one view or
the other.

The simplest way I can thing to do that is to use the calculator
filter.  First choose either point or cell alignment to find the array
you want, then set the calculator expression to be simply the name of
the array you are making a copy of. Optionally set the output name if
you don't want the copy to be called "RESULT". Lastly choose the new
array as the one to color by in one of the two views.

hth,

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer