[Paraview] Write and read a vtk file (in python)

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Fri Jun 4 09:46:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

> This seems to be related to the way the LOCALE is set on your system. It is
> probably set to French in one case and English in the other. Does anybody know
> if we can force LOCALE to English in the ParaView application or the reader?

Indeed, forcing the locale where the PV application runs under to C
was what I proposed a while ago, which failed to draw attention:
http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2009-August/013278.html

I'd really appreciate if the PV developers reconsider this.

Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN