[Paraview] Unstructured Grid Descriptive Statistics

Kristjan Onu jeixav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 10:31:02 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm having difficulty using the Descriptive Statistics filter with data
specified on unstructured grids.

The two files attached to this email demonstrate the problem. The mean
of y obtained with 2_cell_square.vtu is 0.5 whereas with
5_cell_square.vtu the mean is 0.417.

I think this happens because the mean is calculated over all the points
without taking into account the cell area. Can anyone explain what steps
I should follow to obtain a mean of 0.5 with 5_cell_square.vtu?

Thanks,

Kristjan