[Paraview] Determine ParaView installation directory in Windows

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Fri Aug 27 15:18:32 EDT 2010

Hello,

You have to go through the registry to find the correct path to the ParaView
installation. You will also have to consider
multiple installations of ParaView.

   - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Kitware Inc.\ParaView 3.8.X
   (64bit machines single user install)
   - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Kitware Inc.\ParaView 3.8.X (32bit machines
   single user install)
   - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Kitware Inc.\ParaView 3.8.X
   (64bit machines all users)
   - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Kitware Inc.\ParaView 3.8.X (32bit machines
   all users)

2010/8/27 Андрей Траченко <goodrone at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> In my application I'd like to have a "View in ParaView" button. Is
> there a reliable way to determine path to ParaView in Windows? Should
> I use registry, search it manually in Program Files or anywhere else?
>
> Thank you!
> Andrew

Robert Maynard