[Paraview] Sphere Interactor in a c++ plugin

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Mar 5 10:44:04 EST 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008 7:17:03 am Thomas Félix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writting c++ plugins for paraview, and I'm using ImplicitFunction
> properties.  I'd like to be able to interact with spheres as it is
> possible with planes (by moving an interactor in the view of instance...)
> Is it possible with a c++ plugin ?

Yes it is possible to add 3d widgets from plugins.  I've added a specialized
contour widget from a plugin.  I added a custom panel to use those 3d
widgets.
You'll have to write both server and client side code, and I don't think there
is a wiki to say how, so you can look at the pqCutPanel and
pqImplicitPlaneWidet code in ParaView3/Qt/Components and start there.

Clint